Wednesday 7 March 2012

Aubrey Organics Inc & TrueTouch (Neways) Review


Aubrey Organics Silken Earth Powder Blush (in Honey Bronze): I purchased this blush from iHerb.com, being 100% natural ingredients & talc free.  Honey Bronze is a soft brown/orange so when I use it, I only try & dip the blush brush as lightly as I can for just a soft colour to the cheeks, otherwise it is quite powerful.  With my porcelain skin, it REALLY pops, or is 'dramatic' if you like. I actually think if I had darker skin (hello again fake tan!), it may look better with the complexion.  But on a plus note, it holds to the skin so it's not messy & feels smooth on the face.  Overall I like the brand, the packaging & the powder but will try their different colours that would better suit my skin colour.

The Ingredients:
Silk powder, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, tapioca starch*, lauroyl lysine, mica, iron oxide. May contain: Beta vulgaris (beet) powder, carmine, raphanus sativus (radish) powder, titanium dioxide, silica.  *Organic 


TrueTouch Hydrating Cream to Powder - Porcelain:  This pressed foundation from Neways is creamy & gives a medium coverage to your face.  It's quite silky however I did find I need my powder foundation softly brushed over the top to reduce the 'shine' or if I sweat.  It is one of the most expensive foundations I have purchased & although I do like the coverage & the feel of it, the amount in the compact didn't last long.  Before I bought my ecotool brushes, I used the sponge applicator that came with the compact (as you can see) briefly until I received the foundation brush.  I would purchase it again but would try other brand foundations first.

The Ingredients:
Isononyl isononanoate, C18-21 alkane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polyethylene, isocetyl alcohol, dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, methicone, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).  May contain: Mica (CI77019), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163). 

No comments:

Post a Comment