Monday 19 March 2012

Giovanni Review!


This is the Giovanni D:tox System Purifying Body Wash.

Here it is!  My review on the Giovanni range I purchased from iHerb.com.  There were a few other cleansers/scrubs & soaps by Giovanni as well, but decided to try the Dtox System (unfortunately they didn't have 'Step 3' Moisturiser at the time of purchase, so that's on my wishlist!) as the 'Volcanic Ash & Activated Charcoal' ingredients really stood out to me.  Sounds a bit bizarre right?!  

D:tox System* Purifying Body Wash:  Well, I used it... & Oh my!  It is quite pleasant smelling (the Acai & Goji Berries!), light to the skin & comes out...  black!  Once applied with a loofah, it just froths up a little bit & is white.  I have Poliaris Keratosis on my arms too & have found that to be reducing after each wash (=.  It could be the natural ingredients in the product or just the switch from chemical laden products to something cleaner that is helping this, plus it's not irritating (I do have sensitive skin).  This is only one product out of the many I may try out, but I really like this wash, as it IS cleansing & I feel better that my skin is not absorbing harsh chemicals.  Last thing about this product is the cute bottle.  Quite sophisticated if I say so myself (=.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Leaf Juice, *Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Berry) Fruit Extract, *Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, *Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Left Extract, Carbon (Activated Charcoal), Volcanic Ash, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Fragrance (Includes Essential Oils).
*USDACertified Organic, 100% Vegetarian Ingredients / No Animal Testing / Cruelty Free, NO Phthalates / dyes / sulfates / parabens

D:tox System* Purifying Facial Cleanser:  I LOVE a clean feeling face.  I have the odd moments when I do go to bed with my makeup on (naughty!) but there's nothing better than clean & refreshed pores!  I'm usually a facial scrub person but I wanted to be kinder to my skin & dedicated some nights of the week to this cleanser.  I actually found it to be similar to the body wash (in lather & colour), it lathers beautifully on the face, not too soapyish.  Just a nice light cream & coat on the face.  I did find you can't use it alone to remove makeup so I use a makeup wipe, particularly for the eyes.  But overall, it's purifying & I feel my face breathe after using this product.  It smells different to the wash as well, it has a more citrus fragrant with a hint of berry.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Tacopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbon (Activated Charcoal), Volcanic Ash, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 20, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gym, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium PCA, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Berry) Fruit Extract, *Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, *Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Natural Fragrance.
*USDACertified Organic, 100% Vegetarian Ingredients / No Animal Testing / Cruelty Free, NO Phthalates / dyes / sulfates / parabens 

The D:tox System Purifying Facial Scrub Step 2.

D:tox System Purifying Facial Scrub:  I'm an absolute sucker for facial scrubs.  Although I don't have a problem with acne (I get a pimple here & there), I have blackheads on my nose & chin.  I would use every facial scrub on the shelf  to try & rid them & sometimes they do work, but now experimenting with natural products, hoping this is just as good.  Ok, so I know it's not specifically for the blackheads but I would think that when cleansing & exfoliating, it should get in to the pores, remove dead skin etc etc.  I love this scrub.  The scrub comes out nice & firm & once heated up, melts between your fingers & on your face.  It has a smooth yet full feeling as the tiny little pumice grains work on your skin.  Once rinsed off, my face is feeling smooth & my problem areas don't feel as dry as they used to.  It feels like it moisturises your skin at the same time but it is always best to apply moisturiser straight after the shower anyway, when your pores are open due to the steam.  I love a nice smooth face, it makes makeup flawless on your skin (=.  The Purifying Facial Scrub smells nice too, with the citrus/berry fragrance.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Isopropyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Tiglyceride, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Tacopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbon (Activated Charcoal), Cetyl Alcohol, Volcanic Ash, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Potassium Sorbate, Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Jojoba Seed Powder, Pumice, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium PCA, Butyrospermum Parkil (Shea Butter) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, *Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Berry) Fruit Extract, *Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, *Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, *Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Natural Fragrance.
*USDACertified Organic, 100% Vegetarian Ingredients / No Animal Testing / Cruelty Free, NO Phthalates / artificial fragrance / dyes / sulfates / parabens

The best thing about using all these products (not only being *USDA Certified Organic), is that Giovanni Cosmetics is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc. (= 

Vanilla Honey Cake Soap

Ok, so the soap pictured is not a Giovanni product, instead I just wanted to share it with you (=  I bought it when my little family & I went to Cairns, QLD at the Kuranda Markets.  It was handcrafted by 'Far North Soap', made with Olive Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Local Organic Beeswax & Rainforest Honey, Cocoa Butter, Organic Australian Vanilla Essence, Vanilla Powder & 100% essential oil of Cinnamon.  It smells DELICIOUS, with the honey & cinnamon!  Very cute for display, I haven't yet used it; you know when something looks GOOD, you're afraid to ruin it?  There were SO many other flavours & designs, it was hard to choose...!  Check out the website (=  www.farnorthsoap.com.au.

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I like Giovanni 50/50 conditioner, I've never tried any of the skincare products. That soap looks amazing, I am a huge fan of cinnamon and combined with honey I can just imagine the smell, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just absolutely divine, aren't they? I'm really considering trying the other soaps because they are just so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried anything from their range, they sound excellent. Cinnamon & honey?! Ooh I don't know, think I'd just be tempted to eat it!! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally used the Vanilla Honey Cake soap & OH MY! I was literally swimming in a honey bath haha!! Incredibly scrumptious, it's so amazing that it smells like FOOD! Being natural I wonder if it'd taste like it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete